[BITList] Emergent issues

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Apr 1 07:26:38 BST 2017

G'day Hugh,

On 31 Mar 2017, at 11:12 pm, HUGH <chakdara at btinternet.com> wrote:

In my time at sea with 3 different companies I never once came across an emergent issue. But we, not advanced enough, didn't have azimuth propulsion - maybe that's it. What is an emergent issue anyway? During my 2nd's Orals Mr Slater asked me about everything else.

According to this reference [below], your Mr Slater was living in your past not your future. Had he been living in your future, he would have been able to ask you questions about emergent issues.

http://tinyurl.com/meowv5f <http://tinyurl.com/meowv5f>

It may be possible that there is some room for manoeuvre though, if you can think of any?