[BITList] Cruise Ship in Meed. hit by Storm

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 30 08:59:53 BST 2016

Mike,

While 2E/0 on GTV Morar I had the pleasure of experiencing a Force 12 storm, in ballast - sailing with the storm behind us in the direction of the North African Coast with engines that were uncertain in response to say the least.  Numerous attempts to turn into it were abandoned by the bridge just before it became too late when we were over at 45 degrees or thereabouts. Anyone in that frame of mind spent a lot of time in prayer. I swore a lot. I sketched the horizon in relation to one of my cabin windows and sent it home to my fiancee.  By return came heartfelt advice to come ashore.  Which I did not long after, though for a different matter.