[BITList] The Chinese Government have just bought 20% of the Port of Melbourne

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Sep 20 02:34:41 BST 2016

G'day Folks,

I remember when I was living in Western Australian, back in the 1970s, thinking that if we sold Australia to China for A$1,000,000 all of us living , at that time in Australia, could each take our A$1 Million and go and live in a country of our own choice.

There were only 21 Million people living in Australia back then.

China’s sovereign wealth fund, is among a consortium of Australian and international investors that paid a whopping $9.7 billion for a 50-year lease on Australia’s busiest port on Monday.

We should have done the deal!

:-)