[BITList] US nuclear force still uses floppy disks - BBC News

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun May 29 05:12:19 BST 2016

G’day  Hugh,

On 29 May 2016, at 3:16 AM, HUGH <chakdara at btinternet.com> wrote:

I've still got every 8" floppy, and every one of the smaller ones, I've ever owned or borrowed.  The 8" ones contain various databases and much of the CAD and other work I did in various DOs, but I can't play them.  Though I've got a drive for the disks, I foolishly got rid of the old 286 machine it used to sit in, and I can't source an adapter to let the lead fit my current PCs. I'll happily accept the means to play them on if the US nuclear force send it on.

The smaller disks are full of early family history and photos, etc, and both PCs  have drive As for them, so no problems there. Not for me, anyway.

Try the “Media Faculty" of your local University.