[BITList] n an Irish AIR LINGUS flight

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 17 06:18:18 GMT 2016

                *Shortly after take-off on an outbound evening Air
                Lingus flight from ***Dublin to Boston the head flight
                attendant nervously made the * *following painful
                announcement in her lovely Irish brogue:**

                *"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so very sorry, but it
                appears that there ***has been a terrible mix-up by our
                catering service. I don't know how * *this has happened,
                but we have 103 passengers on board, and *
                *unfortunately, we received only 40 dinner meals.*
                *I truly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience.”**

                *When the muttering of the passengers had died down, she
                continued,*

                *"Anyone who is kind enough to give up their meal so
                that someone else ***can eat will receive free,
                unlimited drinks for the duration of our 5 * *hour
                flight.”**

                *Her next announcement came about 2 hours later: "If
                anyone is hungry, ***we still have 40 dinners available.**