[BITList] Should children be told to not use exclamation marks? |Steven Poole and Nell Frizzell | Opinion | The Guardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 8 20:21:53 GMT 2016

Mike,

I don't remember learning grammar - it just happened. We had good teachers, freedom from educational experiments, and the dumbest of us, all of us products of a thoroughly working class environment, left school reasonably literate. No matter how much and how often the freedom of expressionists try to blur the margins, they don't convince me.