[BITList] Fw: written by a gentleman named Marty Skinner

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 1 21:00:25 GMT 2016

Mike,

Now that you mention it, there was such a movement.  Seems like it's still going on with more force.  A lady wearing a burqa is a very very rare sight now up here - for some reason people readily assimilate.  My daughter told me a Chinese extended family live near her in Greenock.  The children are fluent in Scots English, the adults a bit less so, and granny knew no English whatever.  The children decided it was high time granny learned some English, and lessons were started.  So much so that my daughter heard granny complaining loudly to the children that they were "pure doin' my nut in!"