[BITList] Brexit - An Australian View.

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Jun 15 17:23:00 BST 2016

"If Britain votes on June 23 to leave the EU, it will be a decisive act of Western self-assertion and self-confidence. That is why, geo-strategically, a vote for Brexit would be so beneficial.

The way British Prime Minister David Cameron has run this debate is a textbook case of disgraceful fear-mongering by a democratic leader. He has no case to make for staying in Europe beyond the wildest fear campaign in modern British history

Cameron has recruited a vast cast of international panjandrums and potentates a gaggle of Euro blatherskites and even, God help us, Barack Obama to browbeat the British people about the perfidy and dire consequences of a vote to leave.

Never in modern democratic history has an attempt to intimidate voters been so naked.

And yet this last week the leave campaign has roared back in the polls smile

If the British vote to leave, they will have defied bi-partisan opposition. Not only Cameron, but Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn as well as the Scottish Nationalist Party, the third largest party in Westminster, and the Greens are all campaigning for remain.

Indeed the trajectory that Cameron has taken over Europe is so dishonest, and involves such a massive volte-face, that in itself it is a significant blow to the credibility of the governing class throughout the West.”

And in similar fashion, the same attributes, can sheeted home to the Australian Prime Minister.

For his term in office he was just like that legendary Army General who issued the following order.

“The Army will advance, while standing still."

His MPs are now out and about fear-mongering about their Opposition joining up with the Greens - no matter how many times the Opposition tells tham that this is not so.

They talk of the Opposition “Waging War" on the rich, the Banks and the Financial Institutions.

What unbelievable tosh!

The closer we get to the election the more shrill they sound, sounding the alarm, that the sky will be falling in on everyone, if they don’t get elected to doing some more of what they’re really good at, standing still, while advancing.

Back to Brexit…

Remember the song,

There'll Always Be An England

I give you a toast, ladies and gentlemen.
I give you a toast, ladies and gentlemen.
May this fair dear land we love so well
In dignity and freedom dwell.
Though worlds may change and go awry
While there is still one voice to cry - - -

There'll always be an England
While there's a country lane,
Wherever there's a cottage small
Beside a field of grain.
There'll always be an England
While there's a busy street,
Wherever there's a turning wheel,
A million marching feet.

Red, white and blue; what does it mean to you?
Surely you're proud, shout it aloud,
"Britons, awake!"
The empire too, we can depend on you.
Freedom remains. These are the chains
Nothing can break.

There'll always be an England,
And England shall be free
If England means as much to you
As England means to me.

words & music: Parker & Charles
copyright: Unknown

As some Brit squaddie recently said. We didn’t fight all those wars to keep the Spaniards, the French and the Germans out of Britain, so that a liver-bellied bloke like Cameron, can sign our rights away with the stroke of a pen.