[BITList] It appears that the age of "Entitlement" is over for Australian Pensioners

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon Jul 25 07:54:00 BST 2016

See…

http://tinyurl.com/zf5kda2 <http://tinyurl.com/zf5kda2>

The question to ask is this - Are politicians’ pensions affected likewise?

I’ll let you guess the answer to that one.

Meanwhile...

It appears that the age of "Entitlement" is over for Pensioners. But not, apparently, for Australian MPs.

Reported last night how much the the then Speaker of the House, Bronwyn Bishop, and her staffer, the MP for the seat of Herbert [Townsville] Ewen Jones, Victorian MP Joanne Ryan and South Australian MP Anne McEwen, cost when they took a ‘jolly’ to South America.

Here’s what they spent of Australian Tax Payers money.

Former NSW Liberal MP Bronwyn Bishop and staffer Damien Jones: $52,700.62
Incumbent Qld LNP MP Ewen Jones: $23,271.82
Victorian Labor MP Joanne Ryan: $22,737.48
Qld LNP senator Ian Macdonald: $22,731.10
SA Labor senator Anne McEwen: $22,299.08
Total: $143,740.10

"Three of four hotels were rated five stars."

See the article at…

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-25/politicians-went-on-taxpayer-funded-trip-to-south-america/7656700 <http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-25/politicians-went-on-taxpayer-funded-trip-to-south-america/7656700>

I wonder if they were supplied with towels when they climbed out of the trough.

Here is what we got charged for 2014 to 2015 - I wonder how much we‘ll get charged this year?

Don’t forget there’s 150 MPs in the Federal Parliament.