[BITList] 10 signs you're at a Burns Night supper | UK news | TheGuardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 26 20:54:06 GMT 2016

Mike,

Tunnock's Teacakes at a Burns Supper?  I've seen them in stranger circumstances. At Port Glasgow golf course, coming down the 18th, I used to look forward to a pint and a teacake at the 19th. I don't know when all the kilts came in - Burns wasn't a teuchter, being from deepest Ayrshire - like all who live south of the Clyde, he was a sassenach, a southerner.

I had some tatties, neeps and haggis yesterday evening.  My wife and her pal brought me some home from a kind of Burns Supper they were singing at. I had a dram with it.