[BITList] A good one to pass an evening - for the Engineers.

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Jan 17 01:20:16 GMT 2016

G’day  Hugh,

On 17 Jan 2016, at 4:20 AM, HUGH <chakdara at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I'm in the middle of something - I look forward to seeing the videos tomorrow.

Some large snips follow  8<…..

> Bernard was the kind of man who paints the tops of doors.

That describes an attribute that my wife has.

> Bernard studiously ignored the summons, and Willie had to come down the stairs.
>"Did you not hear me whistling?" he asked.  Bernard was all concern.  "Was that you?" he said.
> "I yost thought it was a wee dog somebody was whistling on.”

Bernard was not the only one to use that comment, I have heard it spoken before.

> On its test run with compressed air this achieved an impressive speed with a very
>  loud whine, then the rotor took off and disappeared into the blue, never to be seen again.”

With the amount of kinetic energy in that rotor you are quite right to comment that it was never seen again!

Thank you Hugh, for giving me a good laugh to start a Sunday morning!