[BITList] Cowboy Story

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Jan 12 17:06:04 GMT 2016

Good ones keep on coming around…

A Montana cowboy, a Native American and a Muslim are
waiting for their plane in a small Montana airport.
The Montana cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his
boots on a magazine table and tips his big sweat-stained
hat forward over his face.  The wind outside is blowing
tumbleweeds around and the old windsock is flapping,
but still no plane comes.  The American Indian clears his
throat and softly speaks. "At one time here, my people
were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward,
"Once my people were few," he sneers, and now we are
many. Why do you suppose that is?"  The Montana cowboy
shifts his toothpick to one side of his mouth, and from
the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a drawl: "That's
cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, but I do
believe it's a-comin".