[BITList] Scams - Which?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 15 20:50:48 BST 2016

Mike,

The other day I had a call, the first ever of that particular kind, from a well spoken gent wishing to discuss "my accident".  Thinking to put him at his ease, I asked him, "What ***ing accident was that?" He tried a hearty laugh but the effort was too much, and the call was ended.  Answering in fake Russian also confuses such fools.  Or a mix of that with ill-recalled Hindi.  The ones I really hate are recorded mid-Atlantic voices telling me that, "The Scarrish government have .... blah, blah, some great new scheme with windows ....," and so on until the button gets pressed.  All of these involve a "windows scrappage" scam,  "How old are your windows? Are the frames aluminium?  Yes???  Wow, you are in line for wonderful financial benefits .... such as a rep boring the arse off you for near 3 hours with their great new double glazing - everything bar these benefits.  And they go in the huff when you ask them to leave.  I had that experience from a  call at our door - not the phone, which is now their preferred means of attack.  On the phone I just call them ****ing crooks and hang up.

What fun.