[BITList] STEAM ON THE DOCK, Canning Dock, Liverpool = FOR ALL STEAM BUFFS

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Mon Apr 11 10:54:52 BST 2016

After the Re-Dedication and Blessing on Friday, 6th.May of the "DANIEL ADAMSON", there will be a Steam Extravaganza the following two days.

Saturday,7th. and Sunday 8th.May the Dock is set to come alive with steam traction engines, steam lorries, steam boats including the "DANIEL ADAMSON” and a Steam Narrowboat “PRESIDENT” and historic ex working boats such as the Leeds and Liverpool Canal short boats, barges, tugs etc.

Plus the Welsh Highland & Ffestiniog Railway will be there with a temporary track laid, offering rides all weekend on Hartley Quay !  Not to be missed.

The DANNY will be open all weekend and remain open right through until Sunday, 15th.May when she will be taken back to her base at Sandon Dock to continue crew training.  Next planned service will then be the Mersey River Festival, 3rd. - 5th.June, running cruises from the Cruise Liner Terminal.

Should anyone decide to attend the above, there is a Self contained Flat available, Self Catering, with a Twin Bed and Bed Settee for £25 a night on Mariners Park, Wallasey or a B. & B. next door to the Seacombe Ferry, Double £60 or £40 Single.  If you wish to book the Flat on Mariners Park please advise me soonest so I can make the booking.

Any questions, please phone me on (0151) 630 4338, if I am out, Mobile  07776 233253

Rgds

Mike