[BITList] Huge cruise ships will worsen London air pollution, campaigners warn | Environment | The Guardian

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Apr 1 10:52:06 BST 2016

Mike,

Liners with giant diesels?  What giant diesels power these vessels? Auxiliary diesel engines in port burning 700 litres of oil? These auxiliary diesels running in port will be the generators one assumes - the giant diesels will provide light, etc, at sea.  Or are the gennies the giant diesels? I googled "giant diesels", and I find a giant diesel is anything bigger than a tractor engine. Who are the consultants they speak of?  We've a steady stream of very big liners docking here in the season with nary a giant diesel aboard - they take up too much space.