[BITList] Age Activated Attention Disorder - Something to lookforward to !

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 15 09:47:51 GMT 2015

Mike,

Most, if not all, people do that now and then, if not as entertainingly as the lady.  A lot of it is down to the "doorway" effect, which is not age related. When I leave the house to catch a bus, and it's always been the case,  my in-the-house train of thought ceases and is replaced by another that's appropriate to out-of-the-house, which in turn gets scrubbed by the now-I'm-on-the-bus version. The previous thoughts can always be retrieved.  I've an early memory of asking Mum what I came upstairs (another "doorway") for.  I once, as a lad, dropped the money she'd given me to get groceries with, found it, and handed it in to the Police. I got thumped.