[BITList] INDIA'S DAUGHTER

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon Mar 9 15:48:13 GMT 2015

I am downloading this right now. The video lasts 60 minutes.

I have tried quite a few URLs before I got hold of one that works. It is banned in India.

ooroo

From a correspondent …

This documentary is very hard to watch.  This is the full BBC documentary which has been taken down from YouTube and has been banned in India.   I was in tears much of the time but this should be watched by all who reside in India or have ties to India. A girl has VALUE and many are not even allowed to be birthed for they are aborted because sons are favored. A girl has a right to live her life without fear of being raped. Society needs to change from the top down. Listening to comments made by lawyers, policemen, politicians, etc. shows that there is a pervasive attitude that girls should not be allowed to go out at night and those that do are open targets for rape. Jyoti studied to be a doctor and dreamed of opening a hospital in her ancestral village. Her parents were poor but did their best to support her in her studies. Jyoti got by on 3 to 4 hours sleep at night as she worked nights at a call center. To add insult to injury the women protesters protesting after her death were beaten and arrested by the police. I hope that young and old alike continue to press for change in society's attitudes. You are taught to respect your mother who was also a daughter. Respect girls and women as equal in value to men.

The link below should take you to the video:

https://vid.me/gM6j <https://vid.me/gM6j>