[BITList] JH Fenner, Marfleet.

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Wed Mar 4 14:15:12 GMT 2015

Further ti Mikes msg...

Start reading from the bottom msg before reading the first msg…

ooroo

Begin forwarded message:

From: Richard.Wilkinson at FennerDunlop.com
Subject: Re: JH Fenner, Marfleet.
Date: 19 February 2015 3:22:34 pm AEST
To: John Feltham <wantok at me.com>

Hello John,

Thanks for the mail, it's most interesting. Your family's Fenner association certainly goes back a long way.

We still have an operation at Marfleet but only for conveyor belting now, we sold the engineering and rubber businesses in the 1990's and all that part of the factory has since been demolished.

Have you tried http://www.fennerdunlopeurope.com/home <http://www.fennerdunlopeurope.com/home>? There you will find a link to download our 150th Anniversary Brochure which came out in 2011. It goes into more detail about our history.

Regarding India, since 2004 there have been changes there too. The old factory is still there but Fenner (India) Ltd now belongs to an Indian company, the JK Organisation and has nothing at all to do with the global Fenner.
They can still use the Fenner name but only in India. As part of the split, in 2004 the global Fenner built a new factory about 15Km away and relocated the conveyor belting business.

Check out http://www.fennerdunlopindia.com/home <http://www.fennerdunlopindia.com/home>

You might remember the Madura club next to the Fenner India factory and all the bungalows for the management. Well that is now a hotel called The Heritage and the bungalows have been converted into rooms.

Do you remember the big house on the hill that used to be the home of the MD back in the 1950's. Well again that has been converted into a hotel and that's where I usually stay. It's owned by the TATA group and used to be called
the Taj Garden Retreat until they renamed it The Gateway.

As for me, I'm 37 years with Fenner, I'm originally from Hull and I used to work at Marfleet. I am now based in Shanghai but have responsibility for the new Indian plant and I travel to Madurai every month.

Thanks again for the article.

Best regards

Richard Wilkinson