[BITList] Three Queens Liverpool, 2015

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Wed Mar 4 09:56:48 GMT 2015

Thanks Hugh,  our Dad went to a Transmission Belting  division of Birkmyle Brothers in a Factory North of Calcutta, I believe it was eventually sold, then Dad went into a Jute Mill for a few years before going back to his original company, Fenners of Hull.  This was at the time that India restricted imports from abroad.  There was such a demand that they opened a factory in S. India making belting called Fennerplast. It was manufactured for conveyor belting in the Coal Mines.  It was non cumbustible so if a bearing on the conveyor overheated it didn’t catch fire.

Mike