[BITList] Three Queens Liverpool 2015: luxury liner's wartimeescape - Liverpool Echo

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 3 22:02:01 GMT 2015

Mike,

We got off school one day to see a grey liner go down the Clyde. It must have been the Queen Elizabeth. Our school, Chapelton Primary, was high enough up to give a decent view, but our usual access to the river was via Russel Street  that ran north to the river, between a shipyard and a canvas mill, becoming a shingle beach eventually, the Davie Shore.  The expanse of the riverside used by the mill for various things could be accessed through a handy gap in a fence, and from there we could see ships coming down river from as far up as Dumbarton.