[BITList] Sea Cocks

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 20 09:34:38 BST 2015

Frank/John,

I've not heard of the Nowshera "sinking".  I relieved on her for a couple of months - I hope the two are not connected.

It would seem that wee pleasure boats have seacocks.  I designed and produced pipe arrangements and diagrams for numerous merchant and war ships in my time and nary a seacock did I order or position or otherwise incorporate in a system. These vessels weren't geared up for sinking - the Rules forbade it. I encountered one shipside cock in my life, on Dilwara, the boiler blowdown cock.