[BITList] MUSLIMS @ MICHIGAN STATE

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 23 10:39:36 GMT 2015

>From Snopes:

<Wichman told the Detroit News the letter had been intended for a one particular person, not the entirety of the Muslim Students' Association; he had believed the e-mail address he used was that one student's inbox. However, students who lead the association said the e-mail address was part of the group's official Web site.

The professor expressed in interviews that he had regrets about the e-mail: "I used strong language in a private communication that I would certainly not have used if this communication would have gone public. ... For the record, I thought it was a private communication and it was written in haste. I think a very minor thing has been blown completely out of proportion. I wrote it in 60 seconds. It was not like I sat and pondered over this thing for days. It was like you talking one night to your wife or your kids." >

Entering "Michigan" on Snopes yields an awful lot of urban legends - it seems to be a local sport.