[BITList] A Sailor

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Jan 11 01:22:24 GMT 2015

From a correspondent who was in the Air Cadets but then moved to the Navy Cadets…

He is talking ‘flying’ a “Link Trainer”.

See…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u-stis-ZmU <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u-stis-ZmU>

I reckon I was the only Air Cadet to take one 600 ft. below sea level.
Time for a Sharp exit.

Once I found my spiritual home with the S.C.C., I was based at the RNR station H.M.S. King Alfred - one of those concrete ships which so confused the hun who often claimed to have sunk her, not realising that it was another shore establishment, in fact, inclosed fancy public swimming baths on the seafront at Brighton, well ‘Hove actually’ with gunnery range below, and a signal station on the side:  and right opposite my school. The Navy has been clearing out some of its old ’ship’ crests and I’ve just received this for the old naval station in Hove, which was later relocated in Portsmouth: