[BITList] How would you like to live in the UK these days

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 10 15:04:32 GMT 2015

A few years back I took part in a major project - 3 years - to transcribe all of the headstones in local cemeteries (Greenock's is one of he biggest in Europe). The only stones offering a clue as to the religion of at least one of the lair occupants were those of Jews (Greenock had a small Jewish community at one time) and Catholics. We recorded only names, dates and relationships, with lair and section numbers. The wishes/tastes of the bereaved in the matter of who, and of what religion, was in the lair next to the deceased's were not available us. I seriously doubt if they would have ever been an issue at any time. Some local councils are idiots.