[BITList] Fwd: Yogh

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Dec 26 02:23:27 GMT 2015

G'day folks,

I do hope that you’re all full of Christmas pudding?

And sitting down comfortably?

Here is something to get your teeth and brains into.

For quite some time I now I have corresponded with a man, an Indian man married to a Nepalese lady.

He went to a English speaking school very close to the school that I went to, a place called Kalimpong, near Darjeeling.

He has sent me a URL that has kept me wandering around for some time this morning.

I thought there may be some of you interested in this URL that he sent me. It takes a while to find your way around it.

Have fun and be amazed!

Hello John

It all makes sense, and explains some of the confusion surrounding the English language.
I like the usage of this letter 'yogh' in place of 'gh' while spelling 'night' - that sure is simpler to understand.
It sounds like the Hindi/Nepali letter 'ya' , of course being in the same family of Indo-European languages.

Sometime ago, I discovered an entire Wikipedia site in Old English - which made very little sense to me

https://ang.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C4%93afodtramet <https://ang.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C4%93afodtramet>