[BITList] Donating Blood In Scotland

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 9 15:50:02 GMT 2015

John,

Thanks for the Strine list.  I see one or two old friends there - long since used over here as well, same meaning.  Dux, Full, Gobsmacked, Lend of, Pint, Not the full quid (we say shilling), Sook (as in, to a child, you're a wee sook), and Whinge, we have wheenge. In Canada they say clicks for km.

Chunder rings a bell with me, can't recall why.  And a friend, an Olympic class weight lifter, got off a plane in Sydney one day, from the UK.  It was overcast and humid.  To the taxi driver he sad, "Muggy today, isn't it?" Said the driver, without turning round, "If you don't like our weather, why don't you eff off back where you came from."  George felt strangely comforted by a true Aussie welcome.