[BITList] Accents

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Mon Aug 24 07:10:59 BST 2015

G’day  Hugh,

On 23 Aug 2015, at 5:35 PM, HUGH <chakdara at btinternet.com> wrote:

<<  Sunday morning (still raining),

Mike,

On the other BI site I note a reference to a late BI electrician.  He was a Scot with, I read, a "thick" Scottish accent.  A couple of months back we were in a Greggs in Glasgow, seated beside a lovely Geordie couple.  Neither of us had a problem understanding the other's "thick" accent. I've never understood why some people feel it necessary to shift the blame for their inability to listen to another onto the other's accent.  >>

‘ere, ‘ere!

Fourth day in a row with 27˚ C.

Winter must be over.

ooroo

Greetings to you from Townsville, where the weather today was beautiful.

Tomorrow it will be perfect.