[BITList] Scotland Vote

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 20 09:37:34 BST 2014

John,

I believe you have it right. Now we'll see what's what, and already we've had a glimpse of what I hope is not the future.  They got a aste last night in Glasgow - AFTER the result!! A very large mob of right wing thugs and hangers on wrapped in Union flags, singing "loyalist" songs, rampaged around George Square, uprooting things and looking for YES voters. Many police in attendance. I've already had a nasty taste of harrassment from a NO voter (his badge said NO) wearing a tartan shirt. Apparently he'd worked out I was voting YES just by looking at me. I saw the moron off, but an innocent bystander thought I was talking to him - fortunately I managed to convince him otherwise. More than one commentator predicted the above.

I've had emails from cousins in Australia - they have somehow got the notion that it's all a Muslim problem, too many mosques in Glasgow sort of thing.