[BITList] North West Western Australia

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Oct 7 17:17:41 BST 2014

This is in the Pilbara, the iron ore region in WA.

We used to go to an oasis called Millstream where there were beautiful billabongs where we could swim and camp there.

On the way there we would drive past Pyramid Hill.

If you have Google Earth have look at …

Pyramid Hill    21°10’S,117°23’E

We would drive past that Pyramid Hill and then up into the Chichester Ranges where we would park up and camp for the night. That’s my wife Helma with my brother Mike.

This is the place where would camp for the night. When it got dark, the sky would be brilliant with stars - not a light to be seen or homestead to be seen - in any direction.

Note Pyramid Hill in the distance and the road [The light coloured stripe in the middle of the photo].

At night we have seen the lights of a car coming past Pyramid Hill - it would be at least half an hour before it drove past where we were camped.

I planned this photo here in Townsville and I have large print of it in a frame on a wall. I had it printed cutting bit off behind where Helma  is sitting so that she is right in the corner.

These photos were taken in 2000.

Enjoy.