[BITList] Pensions Bill -Shame on the UKGoverment

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat May 31 03:20:51 BST 2014

Forwarded….

Laws, especially bad laws can be changed.

First the bad news.

The Pensions Bill 2013-14 has received the Royal Assent, and consequently clause 20 (freezing) has now passed into law.

Now the good news.

The two MPs who tabled an amendment as noted below formed an All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) to plan action on frozen pensions. We have been assured that the group is still active, and they will keep us informed on its activities and progress.

I have been assured of this by Sir Roger Gale, and also Jo Foster who is working closely with the APPG and others on  our behalf.