[BITList] Fwd: CityLibraries Local History event invitation - Saturday 17 May 2014

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue May 13 04:18:09 BST 2014

Begin forwarded message:

Good morning,
I just attended the event at the Maritime Museum.  It was a different experience entirely walking through with a guide.    I had no idea of the rich maritime history of Townsville.   And I picked up a lovely souvenir mug for my better half from their gift corner.   Thank you to the curator Rod Burgess for donating his time and experience for this free event.

We have a family history for beginners workshop on Saturday.   This workshop is being run by the Family history association and is also a free event.   Come along and take advantage of the experience and skills to start your family history.   Please share this news with your networks.

If you experience any difficulties booking for events, please phone the library  47279666  or the local history desk on 47279667 and staff will be happy to assist you.

Best regards
Annette Burns
Local History Librarian,
CityLibraries, Townsville