[BITList] Spurious msgs sent to the BitList

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Fri Mar 21 02:57:22 GMT 2014

G’day folks,

For some period of time now I have been receiving spam directed at this List.

It is the only Mythic-Beasts List that I run, that is affected by this.

I have received some suggestions to my idea of renaming the List to some other name, from M-B. - See below.

I favour changing the name.

AFAIK no-one appears to read the archives which would be lost [I think] if we change the name.

The last suggestion from Richard means that anyone wanting to join us won’t get through to me. In other words - each of us would have to issue invitations to peole that we know.. Please comment on this aspect as well.

Can we have a few days of looking at this?

Answers can be sent to me privately or to the Lists whichever you prefer.

Thanks. and my thanks to Richard for his suggestions.

John.

Begin forwarded message: