[BITList] Six Mystery Cars

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu Mar 20 15:55:48 GMT 2014

Msg from the one who asked…

Thanks for everyone’s suggestions.   These are all very-limited-production cars, but I have figured out two of them:

Car #4 is a 1956 Aston Martin DB3S Coupe.  The DB3S is a well-known open-top racing car, but I didn’t know that they made 5 of them as hardtop coupes (two were destroyed in accidents at LeMans).

Car #5 is a 1953 Siata 208CS Balbo Coupe.  35 Siata 208s were made, some roadsters, some coupes, with several different bodies by Balbo, Bertone and Farina, etc.  They used Fiat’s small 2-liter V8.  I found a clue from a drawing of one in an old car book of mine from 1956 (!) listed as a Fiat 8V.

No joy on the other 4 mystery cars!

I’m glad that I got the Aston Martin right as did at least one other.

Two of us thought that the first one was a modified Morris Minor.

Thanks to all for your inputs.