[BITList] Fwd: High school graduation in Detroit.

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Thu Jul 10 11:13:41 BST 2014

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 10 July 2014 10:40:
Subject: FW: High school graduation in Detroit.

Subject: Fwd: High school graduation in Detroit.

The problem here is that the chance of this actually happening is all to possible in our schools today.

A student  played high school football in Detroit. He was a great  running back, but a really poor student.

At graduation, he didn't have enough credits. But he was a
great football star and the students held a rally and demanded the principal give
him a diploma anyway. They were so insistent that the principal agreed if Darqueeze
could answer one question correctly, he would give him a diploma.

The  one question test was held in the auditorium and all the
students packed the place. It was standing room only.

The principal was on the stage and told him to come up. The principal had  the
diploma in his hand and said, "Darqueeze, if you can answer this question
correctly I'll give you your diploma." He said he was ready and the principal
asked him the question. "Darqueeze," he said, "How  much is three times seven?"

He looked up at the ceiling and the down at his shoes, just
pondering the question. The other students began chanting,  "Graduate him
anyway!  Graduate him anyway!"

Then he held up his hand and the auditorium became silent. he said,
"I think I know the answer. Three times seven is twenty-one."

A hush fell over the auditorium and all the other students began
another  chant.  "Give him another chance!    Give him another chance!"