[BITList] An Australian Story : A Credit to all Humankind.

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 31 14:42:36 GMT 2014

        This letter was sent to a local Primary School Principal's
        office in Australia after the school had sponsored a luncheon
        for seniors. An elderly lady received a new radio at the lunch
        as a door raffle prize and was writing to say thank  you.

        This story is a credit to all humankind.

        Dear West Geelong Primary School,

        God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent
        Senior Citizens luncheon. I am 87 years old and live at the West
        Geelong Home for the Aged. All of my family has passed away so I
        am all alone. I want to thank you for the kindness you
        have shown to a forgotten old lady.

        My roommate is 95 and has always had her own radio; but, she
        would never let me listen to it. She said it belonged to her
        long dead husband, and understandably, wanted to keep it safe.

        The other day her radio fell off the nightstand and broke into a
        dozen pieces. It was awful and she was in tears.

        She asked if she could listen to mine, and I was overjoyed that
        I could tell her to fuck off.

        Thank you for that wonderful opportunity.

        God bless you all.

        Sincerely,
        Edna