[BITList] Jazz keeps you young !

M.j. Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Sat Jan 25 10:05:34 GMT 2014

21/01/14 - Once again, I'm writing to remind people through your wonderful website of the forthcoming 100th birthday of Cliff Crockett, the drummer in The Severnside Jazz Band, on Sunday February 2nd, 8:30pm. This is the scheduled night for The fortnightly sessions at The Four Crosses, Bicton, Shrewsbury, SY3 8EF, and so Cliff will be drumming as he has done for many, many years with the band. And Cliff's drumming is excellent - he is a serious and highly competent drummer: Although he drives, Edna, his wife is not too keen on him doing dep jobs.   Surely, history will be made on that night, and I guess there might be some interested parties from the outside world present to witness this event.    So, jazz fans, try to get there - for those who get there, it will rank in their anecdotal memories along with, "I saw Louis Armstrong playing in Manchester in 19.."    I'm not sure if the queen will be sending a representative, or will be turning up herself. Anyway, I'll have a suitable cushion ready in the car. - Malcolm Hogarth