[BITList] Reflections

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 13 04:49:44 GMT 2014

just something to ponder on
frank

                This is really a beautiful series, and great photos...
                And so true!

                Photographer Tom Hussey
                <http://www.tomhussey.com/#/LIFESTYLE%20%20%20/LIFESTYLE/1> created
                a series of pictures that will speak to you, no matter
                your age, race, beliefs or occupation. The Reflection
                photos illustrate just how much we change in our lives
                and how it seems to happen all at once, no matter how
                many years actually go by. These will grip your soul.

                Reflection gives insight into the former lives of these
                senior citizens.

                http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror10.jpg
                <http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror10.jpg>

                Tom spoke to a veteran right before his 80th birthday.
                His quotes inspired him to create the series.

                http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror9.jpg
                <http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror9.jpg>

                “I can’t believe I’m going to be 80,” he told Hussey. “I
                feel like I just came back from the war. I look in the
                mirror and I

                see this old guy.”

                http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror8.jpg
                <http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror8.jpg>

                “It’s a universal condition — at some point in your
                life, you look in the mirror and say, ‘Wait a minute,
                how did I get

                this old?’” said Tom.

                http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror7.jpg
                <http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror7.jpg>

                “The idea for doing these images was a person looking in
                the mirror and seeing what they remember.”

                http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror6.jpg
                <http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror6.jpg>

                “When you look in the mirror every day, you recognize
                yourself, but when you go back and look at a photo of
                yourself 20 years ago you say, ‘Wow, I really have
                changed.’”

                http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror4.jpg
                <http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror4.jpg>

                http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror3.jpg
                <http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror3.jpg>

                “You get to some milestone — age 20, 40, or 80 — and you
                can’t believe that much time has gone by.”

                http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror.jpg
                <http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/mirror.jpg>

                Take time to appreciate every day, because these years
                will be gone before you know it.