[BITList] joke

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 9 23:21:57 GMT 2014

*God created Scotland*

      At the beginning of time God was discussing the creation of the
world with the Angel Gabriel. Leaning back in His golden throne, He told
him of His plans for Scotland.

      "Gabriel," said God, "I am going to give Scotland towering
mountains and magnificent glens resplendent with purple heather. Red
deer will roam the countryside, golden eagles will circle in the skies,
salmon will leap in the crystal clear rivers and lochs, and the
surrounding seas will team with fish. Agriculture will flourish and
there will be a glorious coming together of water with barley to be
known as whisky. Coal, oil, gas - all will be there. The Scots will be
intelligent, innovative, industrious and......."

      "Wait a minute!" interrupted Gabriel. "Are you not being just a
wee bit too generous to these Scots?"

      But the Almighty replied, "Ah, but I haven't told you yet who
their neighbours will be!