[BITList] Spectrum ZX makes a small comeback - Telegraph

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu Dec 4 23:45:28 GMT 2014

G'day Hugh,

On 5 Dec 2014, at 6:37 am, HUGH <chakdara at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Too many games, and possibly few to my liking.  I've still got the original Spectrum, an Acorn Atom, and Space Invaders. And a black and white TV in the loft to use with the first two.

And here is my 48K spectrum - you can see the plug that carried the full output from the matrix on the back of the Spectrum to the Hewlett & Packard keyboard that I rescued from a defunct PC.

I had an Epson FX80 dot matrix printer and twin Micro-Drives.

A friend on mine who was a shift supervisor at Bougainville Copper’s 135 Mw oil fired, steam turbines, power station, where I worked at that time.

One of his jobs was to do a monthly report on the efficiency of each of the three sets.

Having bought a 48K Spectrum he sat down and taught himself Spectrum Basic and created a program that would do the whole thing for him. All that he to do was enter the correct data for the three sets.

ooroo

.