[BITList] good advice

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 14 15:54:17 BST 2014

    After 40 years of marriage, a husband and wife went to a therapist
    for counselling.
    The wife went into a tirade, listing every problem they had ever had
    in the years they had been married.
    On and on and on, she went: neglect, lack of intimacy, emptiness,
    loneliness, feeling unloved and unlovable, an entire laundry list of
    unmet needs she had endured.
    Finally, the therapist got up, walked around the desk and after
    asking the wife to stand, he embraced and kissed her, long and
    passionately, as her husband watched - with a raised eyebrow. The
    woman shut up, and quietly sat down as though in a daze.
    The therapist turned to the husband and said, "That is what your
    wife needs at least 3 times a week. Can you do this?"
    "Well, says the husband, I can drop her off here on Mondays and
    Wednesdays, but on Fridays, I go fishing!"