[BITList] The Dutch Invasion of Suffolk yesterday

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sun Apr 6 04:18:11 BST 2014

G’day folks,

From a fellow PJM Committee member who lives in Ipswich, Suffolk in the UK.

Yesterday Ipswich and Felixstowe were treated to a feast of Dutch Tall Ships in a race but the wind changed direction for where they were heading for ie The Hague, in consequence they tried to find shelter at Ramsgate but the tide was too low so they headed for Ipswich [apparently unannounced], here they are moored up yesterday morning

http://youtu.be/rdKuKkaqpjI

and here they are ironically passing Landguard Fort where the last  invasion took place on English soil in 1667 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Landguard_Fort

Here is the Dutch fleet departing our shores at Landguard yesterday afternoon, a 2.5 hour procession condensed into a 12 minute video, the weather conditions were quite awful for photography to which I apologise

http://youtu.be/VhlcOQEb_B0