[BITList] The Morality of Dishonesty

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 5 14:07:58 BST 2014

            *Subject:* *The Morality of Dishonesty*
            *A few years ago in a small town robbers entered a bank and
            one of them shouted: "Don't move! The money belongs to the
            bank. Your lives belong to you." Immediately all the people
            in the bank laid on the floor quietly and without panic.*
            *_This is an example of how the correct wording of a sentence _*
            *_can make everyone change their world view. _*

            *One woman lay on the floor in a provocative manner. The*
            *robber approached her saying, " Ma'am, this is a robbery*
            *not a rape. Please behave accordingly."*
            *_This is an example of how to behave professionally, and _*
            *_focus on the goal._*

            *While running from the bank the young robber (who had a*
            *college degree) said to the older robber (who barely finished*
            *elementary school): "Hey, maybe we should count how*
            *much we stole." The older man replied: "Dont be stupid.*
            *It's a lot of money so let's wait for the news to be told how*
            *much money was taken from the bank."*
            *_This is an example of how life experience is more important_*
            *_than a degree._*

            *After the robbery, the manager of the bank said to his*
            *accountant: "Let's call the cops." The accountant said:*
            *"Wait, before we do that let's add the $800,000 to the*
            *robbery of that we took to ourselves a few months ago*
            *and just say that it was stolen."*
            *_This is an example of taking advantage of an opportunity._*
            *The following day it was reported in the news that the bank*
            *was robbed in of $ 3 million. The robbers counted the*
            *money, but they found only $1 million so they started to*
            *grumble. "We risked our lives for $1 million, while the*
            *bank's management robbed two million dollars without*
            *blinking? Maybe its better to learn how to work the*
            *system, instead of being a simple robber."*
            *_This is an example of how knowledge can be more useful _*
            *_than power._*

            *_Moral_**: Give a person a gun, and he can rob a bank . Give a*
            *person a bank, and he can rob everyone.*