[BITList] treatment

x50type x50type at cox.net
Mon Sep 23 15:04:20 BST 2013

I spent many months as 2EO on the cadet ship “Chindwara’; I got on well with the Cadet Instructor Officer – Mike and the Bosun [Bert - huge guy].
All the cadets were smartly turned out and as happy as cadets can be, in fact 3 were from Yorkshire and one was from a little village a few miles NE of York [I remember his name to this day – Dave Wilson].
As far as I am aware, on this ship and all the others, cadets were treated as any other apprentices whether on land or sea.
ct