[BITList] Teaching union furious as Islamic free school staff aretold they must wear hijab even if they are not Muslim - HomeNews - UK - The Independent

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 22 10:56:49 BST 2013

Mike,

Is there no end to such crap?  Are people no longer capable of standing up and saying, "Go eff yourselves, I'll wear what I want"?

On discrimination: in every class I was in at school, boys and girls sat in separate areas - I hadn't realised we were Muslims.  Being sent to sit at the front was a punishment - at the front beside a girl was worse.  Sitting at the back was a reward for good work.  I don't think the media carried comment on it all.