[BITList] Where am I going wrong

Ronald Thomas thomas.ronald at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 18 19:40:39 BST 2013

Now, being firmly ensconced in my 80's, I have been,for very many years,bemused by the antics of the younger elements of our population. For example:
Why do the so called musical "stars", that we constantly see on TV, have to cavort around the stage,whilst "playing" their instruments accompanied by ridiculous gymnastic performances which are there to divert attention from the real lack of musicianship of the so called stars. In my days, and yours too,be it in classical music,opera,Country or Jazz,the musicians of their genre ,were musicians who played and performed,with their groups(orchestra,choirs etc) in a virtually static position, the gyrations and fancy lighting used today only makes me think that this side show is to camouflage their real lack of musical knowledge and instead of giving a musical performance,instead,gives you a psychedelic  performance,which,no doubt, is fuelled by some form of  outside imbibed influence.
Why do women nowadays have to mascara their eyes and use false eyelashes to such a degree.? Can you imagine the scenario at night and in the morning ?why can't you look as you really are? What is your problem? Discreet makeup is certainly ok,but really!!
Dare say,if any responses at all,it will make for interesting comments.C'est la vie
Ron

Sent from my iPad