[BITList] Revealed: The cure for hangovers (sadly it's calledmiddle age) - Science - News - The Independent

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 14 13:48:45 BST 2013

Mike,

It's many a long long year since I last had a hangover.  It occurred when I awoke one New Year's morning and totally spoiled the day for me, so I resolved never to have another, and so it has come to pass.  I went back to BI rules for drinking, ie, learn to recognise when enough is enough.  One hangover previous to the above was in Odense, NY Day 1966 or 67. I declined to get off the settee on the grounds that it might kill me, so Janet had to go out and de-ice the garden path.  She wasn't a happy bunny, even unhappier when the thing lasted all day.  "Hell mend you," was her uncivil response to my suffering.  Since the first hangover mentioned above, I've enjoyed every Ne'e'rday. No drink after mid afternoon on Hogmanay, and only a couple of sherries at the Bells.