[BITList] Yahoo CEO "feared prison" over NSA demands

x50type x50type at cox.net
Sat Sep 14 00:26:51 BST 2013

Oh, shit – I Forgot. You don’t know about the ASIO...................!

Australia's counterpart to the CIA is the Australian Secret Intelligence Service (ASIS). ASIS collects foreign intelligence, relying primarily on human resources to obtain information. It produces and disseminates intelligence reports to key government decisionmakers.3 ASIS reports to the Minister for Foreign Affairs.

Australia's equivalent to the US National Security Agency is the Defence Signals Directorate (DSD), which collects foreign signals intelligence and produces and disseminates reports based on the information it collects.4 DSD reports to the Minister for Defence.

Similar to the US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Australia's Defence Imagery and Geospatial Organization (DIGO) is responsible for acquiring and interpreting satellite and other imagery, and for the acquisition and exploitation of data on natural or constructed features and boundaries of the earth. It also reports to the Minister for Defence.

FYI – nations have been spying on other nations for ever, they have also been spying on their citizens like wise. I hate to tell you this but Australia is no exception.  Australia's electronic spy agency reportedly has access to a top secret program that has successfully cracked the encryption used by hundreds of millions of people to protect the privacy of their emails, phone calls and online business transactions.

You said, “My plan is to trust that my Government will protect me within the norms of the International Community. And by that I mean that countries including Australia, should recognise the doctrine of the "Sovereign State.”

You’re kidding, right? Surely you can’t be that naïve. Or can you? – thinks, Julian Assange is Australian..................mmmmmm!

So really you would rather be blown to pieces at 35,000 feet or killed under some thousands of tons of steel and concrete than have your metadata monitored ....................................good on yer!

ct

PS

So what's your plan against terrorism?