[BITList] English Stiff Upper Lip

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 13 03:22:14 BST 2013

    English Stiff Upper Lip
    On a train from London to Manchester an Australian was berating the
    Englishman sitting across from him in the compartment.
    "You English are too stuffy. You set yourselves apart too much. You
    think your stiff upper lip makes you above the rest of us. Look at
    me... I'm ME! I have Italian blood, Greek blood, a little Irish
    blood, and some Aborigine blood. What do you say to that ?"
    The Englishman replied, "Awfully sporting of your mother, old chap!"