[BITList] Yorkshire - God's own country is the best place inEurope | Travel | theguardian.com

Malcolm malcena2 at uwclub.net
Fri Sep 6 16:03:47 BST 2013

Hugh,

You really know Yorkshire, better than most who live here. My town GOOLE is
now in East Yorks. Before 1974 we were in West Yorks then the government of
the day called the both of the river Humber to Humberside. Naturally the
Yorks people did not like that, neither did the Lincolnshire folk. A few
years ago we were all changed back to the names that we now have. Then you
wonder where the tax money is spent

Malcolm.  .