[BITList] Josephine's Graduation

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Nov 23 13:23:06 GMT 2013

G’day folks,

On Friday, 15th November, my wife Helma and I, attended the afternoon photograph session and the evening Graduation Ceremony of Josephine, one of our 7 grand-daughters. Josephine has successfully completed her Year 12, High School studies.

Her Aunty Wendy took all the photographs while Josephine chose the photos to use, and the music, while I created the web page.

Quite a few of the family here in Townsville were able to be there for the day time photos while some were able to be outside the RSL Stadium, where the evening ceremony was being held. Traditionally the girls choose their mode of transport to the venue. Josephine chose a Harley-Davidson motor-cycle.

I hope that you enjoy Josephine’s afternoon and evening.

108 girls graduated that night. Josephine is 16 tears old and will be 17 years in December. She is thinking of working for 6 months before enrolling in a degree course to be a Nurse. She will be following in the footsteps of her Aunty Wendy who is an ICU nurse here in Townsville.

The cost of the dinner during the ceremony was A$1,000 per table, 10 people per table. There were 70 tables. Consider the cost of the girls gowns, shoes, hair and makeup and you’ll appreciate how much each family was up for!

Her web page is located here.

http://www.vsdh.org/Josephine/index.html

If this URL doesn’t work then try this URL

http://www.vsdh.org/Josephine/assets/player/KeynoteDHTMLPlayer.html

Josephine is the second daughter of Joanne, our youngest daughter. Josephine has an elder sister and a younger brother.

ooroo

The first steps in reforming the learning experiences of young people is to reform the learning experiences of the adults responsible for young people's education."

Roland Barth